In a unionized environment, the Maintenance department at Maple Leaf Foods operates with a concept of a team environment to ensure plant efficiencies. As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Maintenance team, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for the daily production of our products. Maple Leaf Foods conducts a comprehensive wage survey each year to ensure our rates are competitive. The ability to work rotating shifts, including night shift and weekends, are part of this role.
- Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment with minimal supervision
- Operate production equipment and check performance as required
- Strong on PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation
- Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective action
- Perform regular work orders and account for inventory and labor on a computerized maintenance program
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings/schematics
- Machining and fabricating for equipment repairs and/or upgrades
- Enhance equipment performance, recommending improvements and implementing
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food Safety and Health and Safety Polices
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must hold a valid Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Journeyperson Certificate
- Must have Red Seal certification
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Knowledge of conveyors, industrial/stationary engines, pumps/compressor, grinders, welding equipment, electrical/electronic controls, lathes/machining tools, power tools, fans/blowers, hydraulic systems and high-speed packaging equipment
- Highly motivated – able to work well in a team and alone with minimal supervision
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Some heavy lifting may be required
- Basic computer ability coupled with strong communication skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.