Landmark, MB – Full Time Position
The livestock truck driver is responsible for the humane transportation of livestock (pigs) within our manufacturing facilities as set out by Maple Leaf Agri Farms company guidelines. Maple Leaf Agri-Farms operates state of the art hydraulic lift deck trailers that improve the ease of livestock handling and trailer management, as well as promoting sustainable transportation. This position is based out of Landmark, MB.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Humane transportation of livestock (pigs) within our manufacturing facilities
- Strictly follow all Biosecurity rules and policies
- Perform regular truck/trailer inspections
- Report all maintenance requirements to supervisor
- Keep tractor/trailer unit clean and well organized
- Complete all necessary paperwork as mandated
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends
- Valid Class 1A Driver’s License with favorable Driver’s Abstract
- Minimum of 1 year experience driving truck/trailer unit
- Minimum of 1 year experience in livestock handling
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures ranging from +40 to -40 degrees Celsius
In accordance with the MLF Job Posting Policy, all applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their intent to apply with their current supervisor prior
to submitting their application for consideration.
We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.
Please submit resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.